The student news site of Wayne Valley

Smoke Signals

75° Wayne, NJ

Smoke Signals

Smoke Signals

Alumni Benefit Concert

Wayne Valley Theatre
Wayne Valley Theatre Alumni

The Wayne Valley Theatre hosted their second annual Alumni Benefit Concert on Thursday, January 11th at 8 pm. The concert had performances by both Wayne Valley Theatre alumni and current students. The stage crew also provided decor, lighting and sound while Ms. Russoniello provided musical direction and accompaniment. 

Ilana Leschowitz, the student producer, acted as the master of ceremonies for the night. The alumni included Natalie Cattuna, Calista Toussas, Patrick Siso, Jackie Tkaczenko, Sophie Monte, Robert Scharrf and Deanna Thomas. The current Wayne Valley students included the cast of their upcoming play, The Addams Family. Many of the performers sang Broadway tunes from notable plays like Waitress and Wicked. Others chose pop songs and even an Irish lullaby. 

English teacher Mrs. Nazarko attended with her family. She said, “It was so beautiful to see my former students give back to their community through song. I was so impressed with all of the singers and their performances. I will definitely come back for next year’s concert!” 

The night ended with alumni and current students coming together to sing “Somewhere Over the Rainbow.” All ticket sales went to benefit the Wayne Valley Theatre students.