The student news site of Wayne Valley

Smoke Signals

43° Wayne, NJ

Smoke Signals

Smoke Signals

Maker’s Week 2024

Maker’s Week 2024

From March 8th to March 11th, 2024, Wayne Valley Media Center continued its annual tradition of hosting ‘Maker’s Week’ to honor any and all STEM programs. Maker’s Week serves as a recreational escape where students can explore the different aspects of STEM related activities. Some of the Maker’s week activities are simply art or creativity based; this allows students to let loose and test their creative limits. 

Luckily, Mrs. Foster secured a mini-grant from NJ STEM pathways, which provided more funding for the event than we’ve seen in past years. This allowed for more activities and advanced technology in our own media center! When passing by, be sure to thank Mrs. Foster for her amazing efforts towards our education and creativity.

This year, 70 classes visited the media center during Maker’s Week; over 1000 students got to explore their creativity at Wayne Valley! The students also got to use their puzzle solving skills, practice teamwork, and bond with other students and teachers. The event was a hit!

There were activities to suit every student, involving a wide range of skills and interests.  Students could even rotate stations throughout the period and try multiple new things. Students got to try digital art, painting, legos, clay, K-Nex, magnatiles, Rubiks cubes, marble runs, science experiments, jewelry making, origami, and, a common favorite, 3D pens! The fun atmosphere of Valley this week was unmatched and we hope to see much more of it next year!