The student news site of Wayne Valley

Smoke Signals

55° Wayne, NJ

Smoke Signals

Smoke Signals

Fall Trends: Easy Ways to Spice Up Your Fall Experience

What do you think about when you hear the word “autumn”? Is it the turning of the leaves? The colors? The cold, crisp air in the mornings? Most people consider autumn their time to dress warm, bake, and decorate. I’m here to introduce you to a few of the exciting fall trends of this year!

One of the major fall trends is decorating your house with various colors such as orange, yellow, and brown. The main decoration you see around fall is the multiple types of pumpkins. Many people get these pumpkins from a pumpkin patch, where they also can buy fall foods like kettle corn popcorn and apple cider doughnuts. The pumpkin patch also includes haunted hay rides, live performances, and seasonal mums. 

If you do not wish to purchase apple cider doughnuts, you can always make your own by finding a recipe. Apple cider donuts are also not the only thing you can bake this autumn! People love to bake pumpkin pie, apple pie, and pumpkin spice cookies. There are tons of quick and easy recipes that will leave your house smelling amazing! Many people also love to drink pumpkin spice lattes or, if you are not a coffee person, you can always go with a classic cup of apple cider. 

Lastly, the fall season also includes the famous holidays: Halloween and Thanksgiving. During Halloween, many people decorate their houses with scary items such as spider webs, skeletons, and other horror figures. And of course, everyone is very excited to dress up for Halloween. So far, people predict that some of the trending costumes this year will be Barbie and Ken as well as Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce. After Halloween, everybody settles down, gets together to celebrate, and give thanks with a large Thanksgiving dinner consisting of turkey, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie. 

Fall is considered by many as the best season of the year. Although school is back, fall consists of perfect temperatures, beautiful colors, and super fun trends. Hopefully, these trends help spice up your fall experience!