Wayne Valley’s Wellness Fair

On Wednesday, March 22nd, WV hosted our first Wellness Fair, working with students, administration and outside organizations. The purpose of this event was to provide students with healthy, positive choices, and helped students focus of their  physical and mental health. There were many booths including Alateen, Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Sleep, Motivatio0nal Booth, AAA, Zen Coloring, SADD – Students against destructive decisions, Target Heart Rate, Valley is One, and WE Act Club.

The fair ran all day in the main gym, and during each student’s PE period, they were able to attend the fair. Many of Wayne Valley’s own students ran some of the booths. All of the the staff and students involved put in an immense amount of work into making the Wellness Fair and truly helped to make it a success.

When asked which booth was helpful, freshman Judy Al Midani said, “I thought that the NHS station about stress helped a lot because it had a playlist of peaceful songs.”

Jeanna Crescenzo, a senior, believed this was an important event. “I think the day is good overall for high school students because a lot of students are stressed out because of sports and extra activities so it is good to learn about keeping yourself well!”

Many students agreed that the different booths were helpful.  A lot of students seemed to visit the sleep station.  “The sleep strategies was really helpful. I don’t know if it was because I was tired or not but it helped. It teaches you strategies on how to fall asleep efficiently,” explained Senior Gary Stack.