The student news site of Wayne Valley

Smoke Signals

66° Wayne, NJ

Smoke Signals

Smoke Signals

Tips to Stay Organized During School: “Organize, don’t agonize.” – Nancy P.

Tips to Stay Organized During School: “Organize, don’t agonize.” - Nancy P.

We all know how hard school can be. With all the sports, schoolwork, housework, and jobs we have to juggle, it can be difficult keeping things organized. Although many of us want to be organized, we don’t know how to. That’s why I’m here to help! Here are some tips and tricks to stay organized during this school year.

1. Get a planner to keep track of all your upcoming assignments and events.
  2. Sometimes it’s hard to get everything ready in the morning before school. Plan the night before to avoid the morning hassle. 
  3. Keep a clean and uncluttered workspace. You will have more room and focus better. 
  4. Set expectations/goals for yourself! If you set a goal you will be more inclined to reach that goal. 
  5. Create specific times for studying or homework. 
  6. Organizing folders or binders by color coding could be very helpful.
  7. Take notes in each of your classes in order to stay up to date with your lessons. 
  8. Break big projects into smaller parts so it won’t be too stressful. 

These are some ways we can all stay organized, but there are many more not listed. Believe me when I say, staying organized creates such a positive difference. If you stay consistent and neat with your work and follow these steps, you are sure to stay organized. However, remember it’s ok to take breaks sometimes. Don’t overwork yourself to the point of burnout, that never benefits anyone. I really hope you can take these tips and use them for your own benefit. Happy organizing!