Fashion Show 2016: Breakfast at Tiffany’s

The annual Fashion Show was a huge success, with the auditorium fully packed, showcasing 30 unique dresses made by 12 talented designers. This year’s theme was Breakfast at Tiffany’s, suggested by junior and designer herself, Colleen Mearon. The students of the Fashion 2 class and soon-to-be FIT student Lee Golish worked on their evening dresses for 5 months and put every ounce of blood, sweat, and tears in each stitch. Every model looked breathtakingly beautiful and worked the runway in their own way.

2

The Fashion Show is the highlight of the all
the Fashion classes–Fashion Design 2, Fashion Merchandising, and Marketing. Each fashion class contributed to the glamorous event, working on different aspects of the show. The Fashion Merchandising class was in charge of coordinating the show, while the Fashion 2 class came up with ideas and themes for the show and also made the dresses.

I sat down with the Fashion teacher, Mrs. Folenta, to talk about her thoughts after the show.

“Why do you think it’s important to have a Fashion Show at Wayne Valley?”

“It gives a chance for the student body to se
e all of the hard work and effort that our students do in here. It takes a lot of hard work, dedication, and creativity to be able to do what all the Fashion students do in these classes and gives us a chance to show that off a little bit.”

“What are your overall thoughts on this year’s Fashion Show?”3

“This is the first year that we’ve had all of our students make 2 dresses so that’s new, very exciting, and impressive. I’m very very proud of all of them, it came together so beautifully. The dresses were so intricate and difficult this year, but ended up coming out so perfect. The dresses are something the students should be proud of and hopefully the students have a chance to wear them to a special event.”

Special thanks to Tina Lombardo from Christina by Design, Mrs. Kat’s photo students, Mr. Randall’s TV Production Class, and all the Faculty and Students who attended the show.