The student news site of Wayne Valley

Smoke Signals

57° Wayne, NJ

Smoke Signals

Smoke Signals

Support your Local Library

In need of a book but the price is looking threatening? Do you want to help out your local library? If you answered yes to one of those questions, the Friends of the Wayne Public Library (FOWPL) is the right organization for you. The Friends program is a volunteer service organization that focuses on building closer relations between our Library and the people it serves. The program also promotes interest in the Library’s activities, resources, services and needs. It serves as a grass-roots organization to support the Library’s goals. This organization is crucial to not only the library, but the entire community. Members work to raise funds for children’s programs including the summer reading program, the Lunchbox Learning and other adult programs, and the Teen Advisory Group of Wayne Public Library. 

If this sounds like something that interests you, consider joining! It’s easy to join the more than 150 Wayne residents who are already members of the Friends of the Library. Dues are only $10 a year for individuals and $15 for a family membership. Moreover, corporate memberships are available for $50. Lifetime memberships are $100. If you are ready to support your local library, just make out a check to the Friends of the Wayne Public Library and mail it to the Library at 461 Valley Road, Wayne, NJ 07470. In case you are not looking into another subscription, you could also purchase $5 tote bags and up to $20 for books. You could also volunteer in the friends room, either to help out on your own or to receive credits for another program. If you would like to volunteer or have any questions, contact the Friends Liaison at 973-694-4272 Extension: 5405.