Valley Tackles Distracted Driving With Art

Driver+ed+students+made+this+to+show+that%2C+it%27s+the+one+thing+that+regardless+of+your+gender+or+age%2C+everyone+does+it+even+if+it%27s+just+once+they+pick+up+their+phone+get+distracted+for+just+a+moment+and+then+either+their+life+or+someone+else%27s+is+over+all+in+.3+seconds+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Driver ed students made this to show that, it's the one thing that regardless of your gender or age, everyone does it even if it's just once they pick up their phone get distracted for just a moment and then either their life or someone else's is over all in .3 seconds

Jestina Morgan, Journalism Writer

On January 31st, Drivers Ed student unveiled their mural of three panels each depicting scenes illustrating different traffic safety issues. The collage materials create a sense of depth and highlight the piece’s extraordinary texture. With humor and poignancy, the panels make us consider what could result from distracted driving, disobeying traffic laws, violating Graduated Driver License laws and other safety issues.

The artwork was created after students participated in a Driver Education marking period long project with The Nikhil Badlani Foundation, sponsored by State Farm.

Drivers Ed instructor, Mrs. Quintabella, exclaimed, “I was so excited to bring this program into our school.  It has and will raised awareness among our students that driving laws are to be followed.”

To see it, visit the student store! The mural will be displayed at Wayne Valley, and New Jersey Transit bus, train and light rail stations.