Senior Spotlight- Jess Lee

Jess Lee is no stranger to the Wayne Valley population. She is recognized as a three sport varsity athlete, National Honor Society board member, and the lacrosse team captain. Since her freshman year, she has participated in soccer, basketball, and lacrosse at WV and developed a fondness of each sport for a different reason. She thanks soccer for the friends she has met throughout the program, basketball for her hard work and dedication, and lacrosse for both! Sports are a crucial part of one’s high school experience, and Jess has definitely used it to her advantage to create forever friends and even learn from her experiences as a student athlete. 

Not only is she an incredible athlete, Jess is also a classroom superstar. NHS advisor, Mr. Yale, who has had Lee as a student states, “her time and effort with extracurriculars has never once interfered with her academic performance.” As Valley’s National Honor Society Historian, Jess is responsible for organizing digital media for NHS meetings and photographs of events. Over the course of her time as Historian, she helped organize the NHS Induction Ceremony, Wellness Fair, and other NHS sponsored events. 

Since her time at Valley is coming to an end, Jess is pursuing communications studies at James Madison University this fall where she also hopes to play club lacrosse. Her recent accomplishment of reaching 100 career goals shows how great of a player she truly is. Lee states, “I have been working towards it for a really long time and it’s gratifying to finally achieve it at the end of my senior year.” Despite this, she is more proud of how far the lacrosse team has come from last season than any personal scoring record. 

“Jess is such an amazing person to work next to on the field,” co-captain Daniella Indomenico remarks, “she is such a key asset to our lacrosse family.” According to some of her other teammates, Jess is motivating, thoughtful. and passionate both on and off the field. 

Wayne Valley Girls Soccer and Basketball coach, Ms. Sinram, praises Lee for her competitiveness which has helped her reach many other achievements. These include being part of a soccer team that has won the county championship, North 1 Group Championship, and Group 3 state title as well as 3 league titles, a county championship, and individual honors in basketball. In addition, she was 2nd Team All-Conference and received an honorable mention all-county during her junior year along with First Team All-League and First Team All-County honors this past basketball season. “Jess truly understands two of the most important things when it comes to sports: how to compete and how to have fun,” Sinram says. 

What stands out about Jess is not only her athletic ability, but her involvement in our school community. She is a crucial part of Wayne Valley and will continue to be a great influence for other students in the future.