Fall Sports Recap

Wayne Valley is the talk of the town after several sports had a very successful 2021 fall season. Despite the hardships that COVID-19 placed on them last year, our athletes came back stronger than ever and were hungry for success.

Girls soccer ended with 22 wins and just 3 losses during the regular season. Winning every game since October 2, the team went all the way through to the state championship, where they beat Princeton High School 2-1 in overtime and received Wayne Valley’s first-ever state title. 

Boys soccer finished their regular season with 10 wins and 8 losses. They were eliminated by Clifton High School from the Passaic County tournament during semifinals, and by Montville Township High School from the NJSIAA State Sectional tournament in the first round, but remained second in the Independence Division.

Although Wayne Valley Football only achieved three w

ins this season, students and parents remained loyal to the team, filling up the stands at both home and away games. In a huge victory, Valley beat crosstown rival Wayne Hills by one point on October 22 during double overtime. At the conclusion of the season, they finished third in the Patriot White Division. 

Girls field hockey finished fifth in the Passaic/Morris Division with 10 wins and 10 losses. They were eliminated by Pompton Lakes High School from the Passaic County tournament during semifinals, and by Randolph High School from the NJSIAA State Sectional tournament during quarterfinals. Junior Julia Paluch led the team with 15 goals and senior goalie Madelyn McDermott had a grand total of 118 saves.

Girls volleyball finished their season with 24 wins and only four losses. They became Passaic County champions after winning 2-0 against Clifton High School in the finals, but were defeated by Roxbury in a 2-0 loss to eliminate them from the NJSIAA State Sectionals championship game. Junior Isabelle Borowinski led the team with 142 kills, senior Sofia Neary led with 19 blocks, and senior Isabella Isaacson led with 410 assists. 

Girls tennis became Passaic County champions by tallying 17 points at the end of the tournament. They ended their season with 14 wins and only two losses, placing first in the Independence Division. Notably, first doubles Jenna Sisto and Jackie Ellis defeated second-seeded Radha Pingle and Sasha Abramsky from Wayne Hills. 

Win or lose, all Wayne Valley athletes are proud to wear its blue and white logo. Not only does it represent integrity and leadership, but it embodies passion and unity.