Lunch Tips

Now that the school year is in full swing, there have been some changes to the way lunch works. It’s hard to keep track of all the new adjustments, so here are a few key tips to get you through the year.

First thing’s first, always sanitize or wash your hands before eating. It’s crucial to make sure your hands are clean before handling food, especially after touching your school supplies as well as things around the building. Even if your hands don’t look dirty, trust me…they are. There are millions of germs on every surface and you never know which ones will get you sick. 

As a result of the district providing free lunches for students, cafeteria food runs out a lot quicker than it used to. On days where science lab takes up the first half of lunch, make sure you pack something to eat to get you through the day just in case there aren’t any more bagel bags or hot lunches. With that being said, the vending machines are now fully stocked, so always keep a few extra dollars in your backpack for emergencies.

As for junior students who are allowed to leave campus during the lunch block, there are endless possibilities as to where you can eat. Whole Foods, just across the street, is personally my favorite place to go. They have prepared meals like sandwiches and wraps, salads, pasta, sushi, soups, baked goods, and fresh produce. How could you possibly go wrong? Other great options include Dunkin’, The Bagel Stop, Neil’s Pizzeria, and La Rosa Chicken. Although it’s not recommended to leave campus on lab days due to the lack of time, you can still enjoy the fresh air in the courtyard with some friends before it gets too cold. 

Lunch may be different this year, but the best memories are always made around the table, so take advantage of these moments before it’s too late. I don’t know about you, but lunch was the one thing I missed the most during quarantine and I’m so grateful that we have the opportunity to enjoy it again.