Today in Sports-October

Simran Samra, Fallon Clark and Olivia Chiramonte, Sports Editors

Wayne Valley: Fall Sports 

Girls’ Volleyball: Our Girls Volleyball Team won the State Sectional this past Wednesday night vs Mt. Olive and will be playing for the Group III State Final this Saturday at 1:30PM at William Paterson University. Congrats to the entire team and coaching staff!

Football: The football team won their first game against West Milford making their record 1-7. Their next upcoming game is on Saturday October 28, 2017 at 2:00 against crosstown rival Wayne Hills (at Hills). Come support the team as they fight for another win.

Field Hockey:  The team had a huge win against Wayne Hills beating them 4-0 the night of their pink out game. This was the first time the team beat Hills in over 10 years! Their record stands at 10-8 and the team is looking forward to play the second round of the state tournament on Friday October 27, 2017 at 2:00 against Mendham (away at Mendham)

Boys Soccer: The boys soccer team is currently 4-12-3. Their last game of the season will be on October 24, 2017 against Clifton at Wayne Valley High School.

Girls Soccer: The girls soccer team is having a good season with a record of 10-4-2! They are looking forward to advance in the state tournament.

Gymnastics: The Wayne Valley Gymnastics team has had a successful season winning their league championship along with the county title.

Tennis: The team currently holds a 6-6 and qualified for the state tournament although, they were knocked out of the county tournament!

Boys and Girls Cross Country Teams: Continue to improve with a young team.

Several Wayne Valley Teams and over 100 student/athletes participated in The Wayne Valley Dance Team’s Color Run which supports the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. St Jude is leading the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other life threatening diseases

Please go out and support our Wayne Valley athletes as they continue their season. Good luck to all in their upcoming state games, Go Valley! 

For more information on upcoming events, visit http://www.bignorthconferencenj.org/g5-bin/client.cgi?G5genie=242&school_id=30