Today in Sports: Fall Edition

Kelsey Lauckner, Tristan Morales, Cailyn Stile, Sports & Club Editors

CONGRATULATIONS to Marching Band Director Gabe Batiz, his staff, and our Marching Band Students who were just crowned US Bands Division 1 New Jersey State Champions! The Band most recently came in 1st Place at the Mid-Atlantic Regional (NJ, PA, NY, Conn., MD, and DE) and came in 2nd at the Nationals only one point behind a band from Kentucky!
Wayne Valley Girls Sports dominated this Fall! Many of our Wayne Valley Girls Fall Athletes are in the running to be crowned this year’s league champions!

Girls Tennis finished their season at 9-4 and we’re Co-Champions Independence Division Big North Conference (BNC)! Previously, they defeated West Milford 5-0 on Senior Night. Congratulations to seniors Nicole Giardino, Maura Hegarty, Celine Omar, and Salam Haroun for your commitment, leadership, and joy you bring to our program.

Field Hockey  With a record of 9-1-1, the girls are Independence Division Champions BNC! Many credit their defense for leading the way. Congratulations to star Senior backer Rachel Weinstein who was named http://nj.com Northeast Field Hockey League Player of the Week!

Girls Soccer continues to dominate the field! 12-1, Independence Division Champions BNC, and playing for a NJSIAA State Sectional

Championship!  They also had a huge 2-0 win over Wayne Hills a few weeks ago!

Football is 3-2 for the season. They had a win with a 24-14 victory over Hackensack and now stands at 3-1. The team also defeated  rivals  Northern Highlands a few weeks ago! Soon they will play two of the top Group 4 Teams in North Jersey. They will hold Senior Night activities starting at 6:00pm on Friday.

Boys Soccer finished at 6-6 and had a huge win vs Chatham in the sectional playoffs. They also scored a big 2-0 win over previously undefeated crosstown rivals Wayne Hills a few weeks ago! Currently, they are the #4 seed in the NJSIAA tournament. They will compete in the playoffs on Tuesday.

Cross Country The boys finished strong with a BNC Divisional Championship and the girls to

ok home 2nd place in the BNC Divisional Championship! They also had a 10th place finish in North Jersey Group III and Ryan Pena finished 6th out of 108 runners. A few weeks ago, they won over PCTI! Junior Ryan Pena wins the Garret Mountain Invitational in 16:45 which is an amazing time! In fact, many members of both the girls and boys teams had a strong showing at the Garret Mountain Championships.

Congratulations to our Cheerleaders as they put on an outstanding performance for parents and family with Wayne Hills Cheer. The cheerleaders will hold Senior Night activities starting at 6:00pm on Friday.

The Wayne Valley Marching Band: The band had an outstanding performance with the Wayne Hills Marching Band on Saturday night, October 25th in front of family and friends. These are two of the top bands in North Jersey. #onetown

Congratulations to Girls Volleyball superstar Julianna Lavner who committed to DI Marist to continue her academic and athletic career. #VALLEYPRIDE

*****For those of you planning your 2021 summer vacations, our blackout period for no sports/activities will be the first week of August: Saturday, July 31, 2021 – Sunday, August 8, 2021.******

Winter Sports Registration:

Winter Sport Athletes, if you haven’t done so please complete Winter Sports Registration. Visit https://waynevalley-ar.rschooltoday.com/ to register and complete the Health History Update Form. Please make an appointment for your sports physical if you need to update and send completed forms to wvsports[email protected]

Winter Sports: Boys and Girls Basketball, Boys and Girls Bowling, Competitive Cheerleading, Dance Team, Boys and Girls Fencing, Ice Hockey, Boys and Girls Ski Racing, Boys and Girls Swim Teams, Boys and Girls Winter Track, Wrestling.