Take This Class: Photo

January 6, 2023

Taking one of the photography classes can be a really rewarding and beneficial experience. Taking this class will give you the chance to become more knowledgeable and professional when taking a picture. Photography is fun to learn, and has proven to be helpful even outside of the classroom. Taught by friendly and interesting teachers, this class won’t even feel like fulfilling a graduation requirement! 

This class allows students to express their more creative side in a more relaxed and comfortable environment. Having their work displayed around the school can boost students’ confidence and provide them with opportunities to develop their skills at their own pace. Students have several opportunities to enter their photography into juried showcases and art competitions throughout the school year which can result in state and national recognition as well as scholarships. 

Senior Liz Lara, currently enrolled in Photography III, says that it is not only a great class to develop your artistic skills but it is also a class where she made a lot of friendships. The photos taken in your higher level photography classes can be submitted in a portfolio to your college! In addition, Valley hopes to add an AP Photography (Photo IV) while enhancing Photo III with dual enrollment and possibly creating a Photography Club. Current Valley Photo students highly recommend you take this class. For anyone interested, stop by room 158, say hi to Ms. Prichard and check out some of the amazing photos!