SDA Preview

SDA has been a wonderful and exciting tradition at Wayne Valley High School for over 60 years. If you are new to the program, two teams, Blue and White, compete against each other in four dances that are choreographed solely by the student captains: Jazz, Aerobics, Tap, and Pom. Students can choose which dances they would like to participate in. The two teams practice from February until April and perform for the school during the evenings of April 26, 27, and 28th. It is an event that involves the whole school and brings school spirit to all the students, faculty, and the halls of Wayne Valley.

As many know, there are two teams that represent Wayne Valley school colors, blue and white. Each team has different themes they focus their dances around for the individual categories. For the White Team, the theme for jazz is The Great Gatsby, tap is Mary Poppins, aerobics is Rocky, and pom is Dracula. Many members on the White team are excited to perform in April, especially sophomore Kayla Gutch who said, “I am most looking forward to the night of the shows and getting to kill out there with the whole white team.” The Blue team’s themes include Pirates of the Caribbean for jazz, Grease for tap, Saving Private Ryan for aerobics, and Back to the Future for pom. Blue Sophomore Natalie Eberhardt told us, “SDA is one of my favorite activities in high school. You never truly understand the excitement of it until you are actually performing. It is the best feeling ever.”

Make sure to buy your SDA tickets and come see the show on April 26th, 27th, or 28th! Best of luck to both of the teams.