New Chromebooks

Wayne Valleys hardworking freshman students using their brand new school bought Chromebooks.

Gianna DiTucci, Staff Writer

Freshmen at WVHS using her new chromebook in lunch to do homework, study and get ahead on assignments.

There were big changes to the school environment when new chromebooks were given to all incoming freshman and sophomores at Wayne Valley High School. In past years, chromebook carts have shuffled between classes, and students would use a different laptop in every class. However, with the new individual chromebooks, students enjoy the convenience of having their own computer with them all day. Students also find them useful in helping with organization, taking notes in class, and having easy access to checking their grades during the day.

Along with classroom improvements, many students feel that the chromebooks benefit their after-school life as well. Often, after-school clubs and activities require a major time commitment, and it can be hard to find time to do schoolwork. Fortunately, when students have free time before, during, or after their extracurricular activity, the chromebooks are available for student use.

Despite the various benefits of this technological addition to the school environment, some students have voiced their disappointments with the new Chromebooks. Many have complained about the large space the Chromebooks take up in their backpacks, along with their many textbooks and binders. Others have complained that the internet connection is slow and doesn’t work well. On the more positive side, many students who feel that Chromebooks have enhanced their education are disappointed with their lack of use in class. Many students feel that they should be utilized more, and some students even say that the Chromebooks should replace textbooks in the near future. Overall, they seem to be a huge hit with the freshman and sophomore classes of Wayne Valley, and the students are eager for the next technological advancement to arrive and enhance their school.