National Art Honor Society

Wayne Valley’s National Art Honor Society (NAHS) inspires students who show an interest in art to recognize their abilities and bring awareness to the school and community regarding art education. Currently, the NAHS is busy displaying artwork, volunteering, and preparing for events that will transpire later throughout the school year.

Recently, holiday cards were created during after school sessions and delivered to hospitalized children at various locations. Also, work on this year’s Memory Project has just begun. Students who participate in the Memory Project are given the opportunity to create portraits of children living in residential homes, schools, and care centers in numerous countries throughout the world who have faced poverty and abuse. While students are spreading kindness, the children get the chance to feel acknowledged. The joy expressed by art is not only contagious but evident in the difference it makes in the lives of many.
Throughout the year, NAHS will be displaying artwork created by WVHS art students around the school and community. Prints are being hung in the library and artwork will be displayed at this month’s upcoming Wayne Board of Education meeting. Events to look forward to include Wayne Valley’s annual art show and a silent art auction to help raise money.