DISTRICT AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY STUDENTS PARTNER WITH WAYNE EDUCATION ASSOCIATION TO MAKE HOLIDAYS BRIGHTER

WAYNE, NJ (December 9, 2016) – Once again students in the Wayne Township High Schools Automotive Technology Program got a chance to put their hand tool and assembly skills to work putting together bicycles that will make the holidays brighter for some local children in need. Automotive students from both Wayne Hills and Wayne Valley High Schools graciously and expertly assembled the bicycles under the supervision of auto technology instructors Steve Hopper and Ken Bergen.

The program began last year when Hopper and Bergen approached the WEA with the idea. This year the members of the Wayne Education Association purchased eleven new bicycles and helmets to be delivered to those elementary students. The WEA often donates necessities during the Holiday Season to benefit local families. “To see staff and students working together to brighten the holidays for others is priceless, stated Wayne Education Association President, Eda Ferrante,” Steve Hopper explained.  He went on to say, “The Automotive Technology students get such a kick out of assembling the bikes knowing they are going to help out younger kids. They take such pride in assembling them.”

The bikes will be distributed to students in time for the Holidays, by the Elementary school nurses.